Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

[Suggestion]Discord to Sidebar

• Seeing as this is focused on being a "Gaming" browser, it would be ideal to have Discord as an option on the sidebar similar to how it is for Facebook messenger.

I believe Discord already offers an embedding option which you may be able to use to work with this.

Excited to see this feature come out if it does.

• Yes, but not only in Opera GX, also in normal Opera.

• It is very good but I would like you to put the option for discord in the sidebar, since it is also for gamers and we can talk with our game friends.

• This post is deleted!
  • I was actually looking for a Discord extension for the Opera sidebar and was pretty surprised when I realised that Opera GX didn't have it.

But I do understand that out of all the messaging apps I've seen, Discord has to be the most resource-heavy with how many features and things it runs all at once, compared to more medium-weight messengers like Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp.

I wouldn't be surprised if users got constant crashes with Opera GX if someone decided to implement it, especially with how many times I've noticed Opera GX crashing when I have an excessive amount of tabs opened.

While I would still love for them to add or attempt it, I wouldn't be surprised if they find it to be more trouble than it's worth. ╮( ̄~ ̄)╭

• I would also like to see discord added to the side bar. When i'm in game i'm also usually watching something on my second monitor. would be nice t o be able to have a pop up on side bar to know which channel has pinged.

• This 1000 times over, video pop out along with discord sidebar as a part of the messenger apps would be a nice addition.

• YES! This would be awesome!