Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Please add Ecosia Search Engine

• Hello!
    I would like to suggest adding Ecosia to the default search engines list on Opera Touch (if it's even physically possible ofc).

Why? Because there are so many different search engines to pick from already, but this one is very special - people behind it help the Earth by planting trees, that are bought for money from search ads.

With the current deforestation problem we face as a planet, and how this search engine tackles it - I think it needs a far better recognition. And the people who want to use or already using Ecosia deserve the possibility of choosing it from the list.

Thank you to anyone who read this 👋

• Would love to see this. And it's not like it's hard to add.
    I'm going to go the Tampermonkey route so I can use the search engine I want.

• I have been waiting for this to come for a year already. I haven't really found a smart way of using Ecosia without going to its website first.
    The whole idea of using Ecosia is to produce less carbon emission (by using renewable energy sources) and to use the money to help forests. If I have to first type/search for Ecosia (an extra search/energy consumption), it loses partly its purpose.

• @elashar Get the ecosia search page up...Long press in the searchbox... you should see the option to add it.

=o)