Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

No VPN option in Opera browser in Linux

• Hello,
    I have installed Opera browser in my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. However there is no VPN option in the -> Privacy & Security tab. Does VPN work for Opera in Linux? Or is there something I am missing? Please see the attached file.
    Thanks

• The vpn settings are right here

opera://settings/vpn

Although I do not use it, I enabled it just to check and It does work (= I get a different ip when I am using it).

• Dear all, I download and install opera version 58.0.3135.107 on Linux OS, but when I try to enable VPN I did not get any option in the settings/privacy and security path as well as in settings/VPN at all.

Please tell me what is wri=ong with it?

with best regards,

• Where in the world are you? VPN may not be available in some places.

• @tesget said in No VPN option in Opera browser in Linux:

tesget

a day ago

I have the latest version of Linux Mint installed and it is there just fine. You have to go to Settings > Advanced > Features and you will see VPN right at the top.

To be honest I have found the VPN feature to be a bit buggy, in that, I will often loose my internet connection. After I manually turn off VPN, the internet comes back again, and I then manually turn the VPN on again. It will work for a given period but at some point it will go again and I have to do the same thing.