Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

New Ad page generated when clicking on link

• Lately I've noticed an annoying behavior using Opera Mini on Android phone with ad blocking enabled. When I click on a link and a new page opens, it's a page for an ad and the only thing in the address bar is "Ad". There's no way to get around it other than hit the "back arrow" and try again. Is this a known issue and is there a fix or workaround? See attached photo. This is a deal breaker for me if it can't be resolved. Thanks.0_1547834961464_WIN_20190118_13_00_24_Pro.jpg

• I think those ads are served by Opera. I don't think you can block them but you can dismiss them and continue to the intended page by tapping the little x in the top left corner of the ad.

• @yeswap
    Thanks for the reply...I never noticed the "X" before! If Opera serves those ads on their ad blocking browser, shame on them. Since I'm an old guy and don't want to hassle with this, I'll just use something else. Thanks again.

• Crappy ads from Opera itself.
    This browser block ads to make your browsing experience better but it shows ads inside that makes your browsing experience worst. Kind of double standards they are following.
    By the way, Opera devs doesn’t pay attention now a days.

• They should make the x bigger. It's hard to hit.