Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Speed dials changing colors

• Same happens here, it goes away is you close down Opera, and reopen it.

• It happens here sometimes; sometimes it just corrects itself while using Opera. I've never figured it out.

• I have same issue on two computers. On one it's changed back after restart, but on second it's still changed.

• @sgunhouse said in Speed dials changing colors:

I've never figured it out.

I expected the thumbnail color of a speed dial entry to be stored together with the entry itself in the "Bookmarks" file, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

By the way, I wonder if Opera uses a certain scheme to assign a color to a speed dial thumbnail, because for a purely arbitrary color assignment my 40 entries look too sensibly colored.

On my PC (win7 32-bit) the colors of some entries also change sometimes, and then automatically back again, since several Opera versions.

• I have the same on Win 8.1 x64 on both PCs.

• Same here. I doesn't happen to all of them, just the generic type that have the site name and a small 2nd line that says .com or .net. The background color is picked up from the site somehow. Example: on mine, the Amazon related stuff like Amazon, Audible, Goodreads, etc have orange backgrounds. Whenever there's an Opera update, they all turn purple. After a while, they turn orange again, maybe after a reboot or 2

• @aimzz said in Speed dials changing colors:

The background color is picked up from the site somehow.

I wonder if these background colors are saved somewhere in the settings during the creation of a new speed dial entry or if they are dynamically reassigned each time the speed dial page is re-opened.

So far I haven't found a configuration file that would save these colors, but from somewhere this color assignment must be done.

• This is not a problem, this is not an issue.

This is nice, this is funny.

• @yanta
    Purely MHO, but I think the colors are picked up from an accent color on the favicon or maybe the website. For ex, BBC-black, XDA-orange, Project Gutenburg-red, androidforums-blue. (ignoring the ones that don't) Anyway, maybe the cache gets dumped or overwritten sometimes. Maybe it decides to try complimentary colors (kidding). Why, oh why does my brain dwell on these things? 😏

• @sgunhouse said in Speed dials changing colors:

It happens here sometimes; sometimes it just corrects itself while using Opera. I've never figured it out.

It’s fascinating how the colors change – like flowers, a kaleidoscope or a bowl of fruits.

“You never know what you're gonna get”.

• Anyone found a cause/fix for this?

• A few months have passed since the bug occurred. And developers do nothing. 🤬