Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

auto start torrent link

• @burnout426
    the "magnet" isn't available and torrent program(tixati) isn't shown for the magnet protocol. what am I going to do now ΅?

• @tis681 Is the program shown for the "torrent" protocol at least?

@tis681 said in auto start torrent link:

what am I going to do now ΅?

Maybe reinstall tixati first and or look in its settings for an option to register itself. If nothing else, we'll have to come up with a reg file that you can import to add magnet manually.

• @burnout426 there is only by default archive type

• I just downloaded the tixati windows 64-bit installer. When I run it, there are checkboxes in the installer to register torrent and magnet. Sounds like you just need to run the installer again and make sure those are checked.

• @tis681 said in auto start torrent link:

@burnout426 there is only by default archive type

![alt text](0_1542798115331_Screenshot_2.png image url)

@tis681 said in auto start torrent link:

@burnout426 there is only by default archive type

• I just installed Tixati and tested the "start" command I mentioned earlier and Tixati loads up like it's supposed to.

• @burnout426 οκ .Thanks my friend

• I guess Tixati doesn't add itself to "Default Apps", so I guess you can't set it with "Set default by apps" or "Set default by protocol". But, the Tixati installer does the trick.

• If you go into the Tixati settings and goto "Shell Integration", there are options for torrent files and magnet links etc. It should allow you to fix things that way.

• Once you get the start command working, let us know whether it works in Opera or not.

• And, for future reference, if you every have to, these are the keys Tixati creates for the magnet protocol, just in case you every have to do things manually.

tixati_magnet.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\magnet]
    @="URL:torrent magnet link"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\magnet\DefaultIcon]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\tixati\\tixati.exe\",1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\magnet\shell]
    @="open"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\magnet\shell\open]
    "FriendlyAppName"="Tixati"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\magnet\shell\open\command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\tixati\\tixati.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet]
    @="URL:torrent magnet link"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\DefaultIcon]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\tixati\\tixati.exe\",1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\shell]
    @="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\shell\open]
    "FriendlyAppName"="Tixati"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\shell\open\command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\tixati\\tixati.exe\" \"%1\""

(for the 64-bit Tixati in the default location)

• @burnout426 said in auto start torrent link:

Once you get the start command working, let us know whether it works in Opera or not

dont working in opera.
    I will send you to all the answers and photos to see and what exactly .... prevails ..hahahah😁

• @tis681

@burnout426 said in auto start torrent link:

"Shell Integration" all Set default

3_1542806814964_Screenshot_13.png 2_1542806814964_Screenshot_12.png 1_1542806814964_Screenshot_11.png 0_1542806814963_Screenshot_10.png

• @burnout426 👁 translate
    προεπιλογή = default
    τύπος = tupe
    όνομα =name
    δεδομένα = data
    η τιμή δε έχει οριστεί = the value is not set

5_1542806897222_Screenshot_8.png 4_1542806897222_Screenshot_7.png 3_1542806897222_Screenshot_6.png 2_1542806897221_Screenshot_5.png 1_1542806897221_Screenshot_4.png 0_1542806897220_Screenshot_3.png

• @tis681 said in auto start torrent link:

dont working in opera.

Is the start command at least working now?

If so, in Opera, goto the URL opera://settings/handlers and make sure "magnet" is NOT listed there. If it is, remove it.

• Another thing you can do:

Goto the URL opera://about and take note of the "profile" directory. Then, close down Opera. Then, use JSONedit to edit the "Preferences" file in the profile directory. As a child of root/protocol_handler/excluded_schemes, make sure there's a boolean node type named magnet with a value of false. Save your changes.

What that will do is set the "always allow" checkbox that you see in the dialog the first time you try to use a magnet link in Opera.

If that doesn't help, close down Opera and remove the magnet node. Then, when you start Opera and type magnet://test in the address field and press enter, you should get prompoted to allow it ot open in Tixati or not with the option to always allow.

• Also, where at in Opera are you testing magnet links? As in, what page specifically? What happens if you type magnet://test in Opera's address field and press enter? Does that at least work?

Another thing you can try. Download the Opera installer, launch it, click "options", set "install path" to a folder on your desktop, set "install for" to "standalone installation" and install. Try in that Opera. Does it work there at least?