Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Auto Page Translate

• I would love to see an implementation like Yandex Browser has. It's efficient and saves a lot of time when browsing sites in another language.

• there is extensions...

there's one really good that's open source.

• @rudrick said in Auto Page Translate:

there is extensions...
    there's one really good that's open source.

Extensions "poorly done" and it would be much more useful for Opera to have such a feature natively because it would work better than the available extensions (where most only translate small phrases, use the old Google Translator template that does not yet support machine learning, etc)

• @guilherm456 You can add Google Translate to your search engine list and use it to translate pages.

• @leocg said in Auto Page Translate:

@guilherm456 You can add Google Translate to your search engine list and use it to translate pages.

It doesn't seem to function...?
    What form from what page? translate.google.com not successful.

• @rudrick You need to add it manually in settings. Use 'https://translate.google.com/#auto/destination language code/%s'.

Example: If want that something is translated into English, use https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/%s

To translate a page, type the keyword followed by the page url in the address bar.

• @leocg Worked, but ... I think is more easy for everyone if the Opera already allowed the translation as it does in Google Chrome

• @guilherm456 Google has its own translation service. Opera (and other browsers) would depend on an agreement with one of those services to provide such feature.

• @leocg Yes, I know, but you could try an agreement with Google or other companies

• It would increase overhead - as basically it would be an extension added to Opera by default, and it would be constantly checking with Google servers the language of page...

• I was searching for this exact same request but it looks like this went unresolved, so I hope this helps.

For in-page translation there is the following workaround:

• Install the Google Translate extension.
    • When you're on any page in Opera, hit CTRL-ALT-P or right click and select Google Translate>Translate page to [language].

Your page will be translated, not as intuitive as Google Chrome's in-page auto translation, but just remember the keyboard shortcut or right click and you get close to the same result.

There have been recent RAM issues with Chrome (5GBs of ram for 20 tabs?!) I also tried Firefox, which seemed to solve the RAM issue, but it did use a lot of CPU resources, which I didn't feel was normal, Opera however doesn't seem to have either of these issues.

I can have Opera running with 30+ tabs without experiencing RAM or CPU issues - This is why i like Opera over any other browser - on Windows 10...

• Apart from what drazor suggested.

Another method is by heading to Chrome web store on Opera and get this - Install Chrome Extensions

After that, search for Google translate on chrome web store and install it. (It should say Add to Opera)

Note: the extension will be disabled at first because it is not an original opera extensions, but u can enable it in "manage extension" list.

This method works well for me.

• I would like to say that there is an extension/add-on that does translate whatever website you are on, because I had it. I can't find it anymore and I have searched everywhere. I had to uninstall opera do to some issues, I thought I properly exported my bookmarks and settings but it seems that it wasn't done right. I have been searching for that extension for at least 3 days now. I just want to say that it does exist, I should have taken a screenshot