Twitter videos

• Playing videos on Twitter does not work again in the Opera browser for Linux; update needed.

• Same sh*t every update again. I guess they don't want anybody to use their browser... guys! I copied libffmpeg.so from
    /usr/lib/chromium-browser/
    to
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/opera
    but it didn't help. Those who make this software probably never use it?

Please fix this simple issue once and for all. Can't be so hard, can it?

• You indicate you copied a 32-bit library for a 64-bit version of Opera - of course it doesn't work. Make sure you have a 64-bit version of Chromium to copy the library from.

• Thank you for the hint. It works now if you copy

libffmpeg.so

from

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/oxide-qt/

to

with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Sorry for being so upset. But if you want regular people to use this software then this "workaround" is already too much. Cause Opera is a excellent piece of software and if many people use it, it will be maintained in the future.

• Thank you for the hint. It works now if you copy
    libffmpeg.so
    from
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/oxide-qt/
    to
    with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
    Sorry for being so upset. But if you want regular people to use this software then this "workaround" is already too much. Cause Opera is a excellent piece of software and if many people use it, it will be maintained in the future.

Cool! I have no idea why overwriting the newer version of libffmpeg.so with the old one works, but it solves the problem.

• Why don't you just install chromium-codecs-ffmpeg and chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra since you are on ubuntu? And please remove the oxideqt-codecs and oxideqt-codecs-extra you seem to have installed...

• Why don't you just install chromium-codecs-ffmpeg and chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra since you are on ubuntu? And please remove the oxideqt-codecs and oxideqt-codecs-extra you seem to have installed...

You cannot install both "chromium-codecs-ffmpeg" and "chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra" at the same time. The latter includes everything from the former and some additional codecs. However, as I pointed out in another thread, everyone had already had "chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra" installed when Twitter videos stopped playing, so it wasn't their lack that caused the problem.

Right now, christophffm's is the only solution that works.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.