:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Just have a single sidebar

• The only reason I don't use the sidebar extensions is because it means having 2 sidebars. It looks out of place and is clunky. Here's a crude, quick mock-up of how it could look like: https://i.imgur.com/2xHwi78.png Vivaldi handles having sidebars with the internal browser features + web panels nicely. Also, a simple way of adding web panels would be very welcome.

• +1

• Perhaps a button could be added to the Reborn UI sidebar - when clicked a pop-up would merge containing icons of installed extension bar extensions?

I dunno! But sidebar issue should be addressed ASAP :/

Let's email to the Chinese?

Sidebar API perhaps needs some redo if it's going straight to Reborn sidebar without middleman-solution.

Perhaps support middleman-solution for some time until most extension bar extensions are made into the upcoming system?

One thing is for sure: Reborn sidebar is sort of limited space-wise... So solution is needed. Like: grouped extension bar icons and grouped instant messenger icons.

• +1

I like everything in the picture; also they way the opera icon and the open/close sidebar toggle button is put. Looks much better.

• Hi andissprinkis, you may also be interested in this comment link to remove Opera sidebar from screen when unpinned?

Vivaldi moves the unpinned sidebar from screen and auto-resizes the page, where Opera's unpinned sidebar presently remains dimmed on screen. As both browsers are built on Chromium, I believe Opera could also have what I consider to be a customisable feature?

• +1

Still using both tho, but it looks bad and takes too much space.

• +1 for uni sidebar

+1 for web panel(s)

• there is only one sidebar. when you click a icon on it it opens a page not a sidebar.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.