Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera desktop bookmarks bar behviour on Mac

• Hi all,

Simple question, is there a way for bookmarks bar on Opera Mac to work as it works for Chrome (and by the way Firefox also)
    I mean the following:

• I click on a folder on the bookmarks bar
    • When browsing on another folder on bookmarks bar, then it open automatically the new folder.

Instead of this, on opera, I need to click to close the folder which is open, and then need to click again to open the new folder ?

If not, would it be possible to add such parameters ?

• No idea on how to fix this ?

• Could I suggest an option to have this ?

• That's what Suggestions Box is for.

• To open another folder on the bookmarks toolbar, you have to use two clicks instead of one. Not that great a problem.

• Not a great problem yes, but in Chrome or Firefox, I don't have to do two clicks instead of none...
    And in Opera on Windows, I don't have to either, that's why my comment. Why is there a difference of behaviour between Mac and Windows ?