Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera takes a long time to load when I start it up

• When I click on the browser, it takes more than 5 minutes to load. The background doesn't show up and if I type in a website, it takes an indeterminate amount of time to load. The longest I have been able to wait is 5 minutes

I disable all the extensions and still nothing

• Welcome to Opera's forums @Harmlessdjango!

You should try cleaning the cache from settings - clear private data and test.

After cleaning if still doesn't works flawesly, use OSync, create a clean install and copy needed files from old to new profile.

Files to back up / copy.

• I saved the profile as indicated and did a clean install. Although the old profile is still there, it's not the one used by Opera. What can I do to change that?

• Although the old profile is still there, it's not the one used by Opera.

That's the idea of using/creating a clean profile.

What can I do to change that?

More or less what you have done before: rename the current profile folder and then rename the old one to the default name.

But the main question is: Using a clean profile solved the issue? If so then your old one is probably broken and return to it will bring the issue back.

• It seems that you were right. The old profile brought back the issue. So should I just let it go? I have many passwords saved on that thing

• So should I just let it go? I have many passwords saved on that thing

You can try copying the passwords file to the new profile. It's called 'Login Data'.

• It seems that you were right. The old profile brought back the issue. So should I just let it go? I have many passwords saved on that thing

https://forums.opera.com/post/122305

Files to Back up / copy.