Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.
Maximized window opens unpinned Messenger on second screen
- Description: Since the first version of Opera 45 I have problems using the messenger unpinned on maximized screens. I'm using an external monitor as primary screen and the laptop screen as secondary, running on Manjaro.
- Steps to reproduce: Maximize Opera in a primary screen bigger than the secondary screen. Open a previously unpinned messenger.
- Actual result: Said messenger appears in the secondary screen and cropped. [Visual example].
- Expected result: Said messenger should appear over the Opera window that initiated it.
- OS: Manjaro Linux 64-bit (Kernel 4.9.30-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux), Gnome Shell 3.24.2
- Version of Opera: Stable 45.0.2552.881
Additional: Miximized windows on the smaller secondary screen appear correctly.
I can confirm, I have a similar problem on Windows 10. On my primary screen, on laptop, everything works fine. But on the secondary, external screen, when the Opera window is maximized, I only see the bottom right corner of messenger and there is no possibility to move it. The only way it works properly on the secondary screen is in the pinned state. But I rarely use this mode.
I haven't found any other thread about this topic, neither here in forum, nor in Google. Does anyone else has this problem? I switched to Opera mainly because of this feature, so it's a pity, when it doesn't really work correctly.