Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Non-Official Opera browser feature survey

• Page 3, "Page content":

Built-in reader mode:  Via extensions
                           As a native function

Built-in reader mode implemented via extension?

• Another important thing (or perhaps I should say "a thing that actually is important") is how tab stacking is implemented, because I personally do NOT want to have it they way Vivaldi have implemented their so called "Tab stacking" (aka "tab hiding", because that what it really is). I would like to have it similar to the Opera 11/12 version. If some similar survey is made in the future perhaps this could be included.

• Let's just stick to the feature itself, not the implementation for now.

• Chrome/ium/Blink extensions compared to old Firefox & Opera extensions are simple, dull, gimmicky and make-believe. Chrome Extension store is a huge junkyard of plugins that moreso record browser and force users to create accounts and put they're stuff on cloud - than do any much else than data harvesting make-believe gimmickys~ brrrh.

I do not have a Google account and I have 3 Chrome extensions in Opera. You do not have to create an account to get those.

• Hi,
    I have suggestion. I grew up on "old opera" and I am missing old opera tab open/close behaviour.
    There are some extensions, but they dont work properly.

Vivaldi has this implemented natively. So I assume this will not be a problem.

Example: http://oi65.tinypic.com/33wlgr6.jpg

• I would like to suggest an other new feature: Let drag tabs - reorder tabs- by drag them vertically on tab menu

Explanation of the request on the original thread https://forums.opera.com/topic/22022/let-drag-tabs-reorder-tabs-by-drag-them-vertically-on-tab-menu/2

• Missing Feature
    Notification to approve microphone and camera usage. starting from 50
    even enable the flags Reborn: Permissions in the communicators
    this not work on opera developer 50.0.2729.0

Wanted feature
    create a Chromeless frame windows for specific Webapps

just like chrome create web application / firefox prism/chromeless frame

• There is a nice Opera extension called Policy Control which allows one to control permission to use camera and microphone on a per-site basis (and several other things).

• I would like to suggest an other new feature: Let drag tabs - reorder tabs- by drag them vertically on tab menu
    Explanation of the request on the original thread https://forums.opera.com/topic/22022/let-drag-tabs-reorder-tabs-by-drag-them-vertically-on-tab-menu/2

I will put it on the list on the next update.

There is a nice Opera extension called Policy Control which allows one to control permission to use camera and microphone on a per-site basis (and several other things).

It is already on the list.

Wanted feature
    create a Chromeless frame windows for specific Webapps
    just like chrome create web application / firefox prism/chromeless frame

Opera does not support webapps.

• List update - 2017. 11. 14.

In v49, one feature from the list have reached the stable channel. It is removed from the list. Its stats were the following:

Rearrange Extension icons on the toolbar

• I don't want to answer: 11
    • Not important: 56
    • Somewhat important: 99
    • Very important: 77
    • Must have: 90