Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Garbled text and graphics next to pictures in Chicago Tribune Photo Gallery

• Quite a few sidebar extensions there ... a lot of the "garbled text" (and images) seems to involve duplication in different positions. The main image is also duplicated - it isn't just "next to" the image.

• All that mess occurs even with the sidebar disabled, with the exception of the grey rectangle in the upper left corner.

• this is what bug reports are for.

Can someone who knows how to do that at Opera do that, or is that my responsibility to figure out how to do that?

• You should, since we don't know how to duplicate it (and you have the screenshot to include). After you report the bug, if you post the bug number here then one of us can check on it. Since it does involve strange visual effects, make sure you include your graphics card vendor and version - they might even want the results from opera://gpu but may prefer you do that via email.

• @treego

this is what bug reports are for.

Can someone who knows how to do that at Opera do that, or is that my responsibility to figure out how to do that?

Use the 'Report a Problem' link from the Help section in Opera's Settings

• All that mess occurs even with the sidebar disabled

Including the extensions in it?

• All that mess occurs even with the sidebar disabled

Including the extensions in it?

The sidebar is disabled. Doesn't that disable the sidebar extensions then, also? They certainly are not visible when the sidebar is disabled.

• @treego

this is what bug reports are for.

Use the 'Report a Problem' link from the Help section in Opera's Settings

There is no such link visible there.

• You should, since we don't know how to duplicate it (and you have the screenshot to include). After you report the bug, if you post the bug number here then one of us can check on it. Since it does involve strange visual effects, make sure you include your graphics card vendor and version - they might even want the results from opera://gpu but may prefer you do that via email.

DNAWIZ-8352

• Doesn't that disable the sidebar extensions then, also?

I really don't know.

• Doesn't that disable the sidebar extensions then, also?

I really don't know.

Well, hopefully Opera can figure it out. Thanks for your input and others' input here, especially sgunhouse. 🙂