Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Sync Data Removed

• Ok, thank you. I have a one last question. If the synch information is deleted is there any way to recover it on the Opera's side ? I mean could Opera recover my info through their servers ? I may not have the enough knowledge to ask the right questions but I'm hoping you could understand what I intent to ask. Thank you again for your help & time.

• If the synch information is deleted is there any way to recover it on the Opera's side ?

I really don't know. I guess it may depend on how the data was deleted and how long ago.

• Hi,

I've used a freeware undelete programme to recover. I managed to recover the Opera Stable folder under the Roaming folder where I believe Opera stores all the bookmark information in AppData. How could I recover from here ? Should I simply copy paste all the files there, or what is the right way to do it to when I open Opera I would see all my old bookmarks ?

• How could I recover from here ?

Just copy the "Bookmarks' files and paste them into current Opera's profile folder.

• The profile folder is in Programme files or AppData ? I copy pasted all files that have bookmarks in it (bookmarks extras etc.) in the Opera stable folder under AppData-Roaming and it didn't work. I can't see them. Could you explain a little bit more or is there any tutorials in the forum that I could check if you don't have time

• The profile folder is in Programme files or AppData ?

Check at Menu > About Opera

I copy pasted all files that have bookmarks in it (bookmarks extras etc.) in the Opera stable folder under AppData-Roaming and it didn't work. I can't see them.

So the bookmarks manager shows nothing? Have you checked if those files had any content in it? You can do it by opening the 'Bookmarks' file in a text editor.

• Yes they have content some sort of codes. But I can't see the bookmarks. I have copy pasted documents like Bookmarks, Bookmarks.bak, BookmarksExtras, and variations of BookmarksExtras like RF298374usdf at the end of them.

• Yes they have content some sort of codes. But I can't see the bookmarks.

If the file contains bookmarks info then you should see something like:

"date_added": "13119581735090491",
                      "id": "41",
                      "meta_info": {
                         "imageData": "https://cdn0.opera-        mini.net/cdn_v1/files/download/cdnbroker/pub/static/pub/data/19361154/ac4c707d/42e8824c/ad9e96d0.jpe",
                         "imageDataType": "2",
                         "imageID": "7DDB031E3CAAF11FB60612A6DBEBC2858D19A442E29EA3822F430E3D9F90750E",
                          "imageIdentifier": "3d863df5",
                         "imageType": "2"
                  }    ,
                      "name": "Frequently Asked Questions (Forum) - Opera Forums",
                      "sync_transaction_version": "45",
                      "type": "url",
                      "url": "https://forums.opera.com/topic/11528/frequently-asked-questions-forum-last-update-2017-03-24    forum#Item_1"

If you can't see it then the files conains none of your bookmarks.

• Hi again,

I've sent mails to the social network connections of staff as you said but they haven't replied me. Is there anyone specific for me to mail about this ? Maybe I've mailed wrong people. People that can adress me to opera help would be ok too.

• I've sent mails to the social network connections of staff as you said but they haven't replied me

Mails? I didn't say to send any mails but to try to contact them through their social networks. So you should go to Opera's Facebook page and post a comment their or post on Twitter mentioning them.

• hi i have the similar issue... i never applied a paraphrase on my account. moreover i accidently reset my sync. i have a new installation on my pc... anything can be done to restore my previous sync data caz it contains lot of important information..