New update - Opera developer 62.0.3323.0 ;-)
The change log, and the announcement.
- DNA-77843 DNS queries are leaking with NetworkService enabled.
- DNA-77944 [Linux] Dragging text onto tab bar does not trigger search.
- DNA-77962 Zombie received -currentTab.
- DNA-77986 Dragged tab header is not visible in private mode.
- DNA-77997 SD flicker buster does not care about zoom on internal pages.
- DNA-78002 No text on snapshot hint in light mode.
"We also changed the sound for “Emergency Reset” in the Crypto Wallet..
- Sidebar menu button doesn’t work on macOS and Linux.
- Browser crashes, when logging out from Telegram sidebar.
- Synchronization login form flashes, when trying to synchronise on macOS.
- While opening a new private window on MacOS, a second window flashes behind it."
@epop11rt3 said in New Opera Neon - concept browser:
@jpSpj said in New Opera Neon - concept browser:
I just downloaded Opera Neon, and I love it! BUT, I was trying to log on to my google account and the browser continually just crashes... help!
I am having the same problem. After Installing Opera Neon on my Windows 10 Laptop (this browser was initially working fine on my Windows 7 Desktop PC when I first downloaded it; then I decided my laptop needed it more than my desktop) I try to sign into my google account and the browser immediately crashes. Same thing started happening on my Windows 7 PC when I tried to test it on there after I couldn't get it to work on my laptop. In addition, when I did manage to sign into my google account (after trying the method of running this browser in compatibility mode for Windows 8), upon opening the browser, I can't click on anything unless I open a second window. Also, I can't get the video pop-out player to work, no matter how many times I click on the pop-out icon in video player (while it's in sidebar). Uninstalling and reinstalling this program didn't fix these problems. If anyone has suggestions on how to fix these issues, I am open to them.
Update: After importing my settings from another browser (Firefox), I was able to log into my accounts on Opera Neon without any further issues, the only exception being I have to have two main browser windows open in order to click on anything in the web browser. Hope I can figure out a work around solution for that later. I also figured out how to get the video pop-out player feature to work; click on the video player in sidebar once, open sidebar, position cursor on any corner of video, click and drag, Voilla (if I am spelling that correctly).
@gorskiii said in Opera 60 - No sound with 4 speakers (win10):
Posted a bug in chromium bug tracker
I've been following the bug. Looks like they've narrowed it down and are working on a fix.
Hi @echozulu, if you use Opera for Windows, you can try to fix it manually by following the below steps:
1. Launch the Opera with the switch: Path\to\launcher.exe --disable-gpu, go to opera:about, and copy the installation path, close the Opera,
2. Open your file explorer, navigate to that path, and rename 3dcompiler_47.dll file to e.g. d3dcompiler_47.dll-old,
3. If you have previous version of the Opera, try to copy the d3dcompiler_47.dll from there to the above mentioned installation path, if not, you can download the installer file for Opera beta, install it, and copy the file from there.
Alternatively, if you prefer only to workaround of the issue, and wait until it most probably will be fixed in one of upcoming updates, then launch the Opera with the switch as mentioned above, go to Settings > Browser > System, and disable the "Use hardware acceleration when available", close the Opera without restarting it, remove the switch, launch the Opera, and check if this fixes the problem.
@leocg This is totally uncorrelated correlation, but, now that I am not on my work VPN (same browser), it works. I am not even going to attempt to figure that one out.
I really appreciate you taking the time! I'll post again tomorrow if it borks again.
New update - Opera beta 60.0.3255.79 ;-)
The change log, and the announcement.
- DNA-77248 [Win10&Lin] Autofill is unreadable, when system theme is dark.
- DNA-77490 [Mac] Opera window does not open, when clicking on the icon.
- DNA-77571 Highlighted O-menu inverse colour, when sidebar is hidden.
Watch the Desktop blog on blogs.opera.com/desktop or subscribe to their RSS feed. Naturally they will also have posts about Beta and Developer releases, but If you want a notification about Stable releases without actually downloading them that would seem to be the way to go.