New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

Opera for Android 43

miyukiwork
miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

Hi! We are happy to announce the release of Opera for Android 43 (43.0.2246.121183). In this version, we focused on refining the UI.

Our UI improvements will continue to next versions. We are making Opera for Android features better and more convenient.

Please try the new version and leave a comment with any feedback you may have for us.

/Miyuki

Opera for Android team

50 Replies - 1035 Views

xirit32
0 0
xirit32

154 posts

About time :) (It's been 6 months since the last update, is this the new release cycle?)

Any significant improvements, changes?

besirovic
    0 0
    besirovic

5 posts

Please tell me why I don't see the update, on my phone the latest update is from 28.03.2017, version 42.7.2246.? Thanks

twozero3
      1 0
      twozero3

47 posts

• Server monkey

While you're waiting for v.43 to appear on Google Play you can directly download it for manual installation from here http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/

On the positive side the clickbait/spam/news feed can be disabled. Other than that it's still largely the same mess of a UI that came in after v.37

miyukiwork
      0 0
      miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@xirit32 In this version, we've mostly removed the experimental UI elements we included in the previous versions. Significant improvements will come in next versions. (No, 6 months is not the new release cycle, so we'll release faster than that ;) )

firuz-u7
      0 0
      firuz-u7

8 posts

Will there ever be synchronization of Opera passwords for Android?

miyukiwork
        0 1
        miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@firuz-u7 Unfortunately that is not a prioritized task now.

xirit32
        0 0
        xirit32

154 posts

@miyukiwork Let's hope so :) (release cycle, and you are still 2 versions behind Chrome (59 vs. 61))

Apart from that I have to report that with the new version the audio of this page http://www.br.de/static/radioplayer/player.html#/mediathek/audio/br-heimat-audio-livestream-100~radioplayer.json is lost when you create a new tab or minimize the browser.

miyukiwork
          0 0
          miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@xirit32 yes audio player is one of the planed features.

xirit32
          1 0
          xirit32

154 posts

@miyukiwork Also very little has changed, there's no easier access to data savings, the non-existant "reset data saving" counter wasn't removed (!??), or at least reversed to its old state, (see also threads about requests and remarks for the previous versions)

Sorry to say that but judging by the layoffs of the past year, the little improvements for the last 6 months, the shutdown of Opera Max and Opera Coast, I don't see any future for Opera for Android either. :(

xirit32
            0 0
            xirit32

154 posts

@xirit32 yes audio player is one of the planed features.

It was working fine in previous version though.

miyukiwork
              0 0
              miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@xirit32 confirmed. We'll look into it.

firuz-u7
              0 0
              firuz-u7

8 posts

@xirit32

Opera android 43 video player gives an error after a few minutes of video playback not be reproduced writes on this site http://animevost.org/ can Chrome Opera mini and other browsers work fine

and password synchronization is a pity that not in the priority other browsers already have this function

firuz-u7
                0 0
                firuz-u7

8 posts

Has noticed a error Synchronization works very slowly and Synchronization of tabs does not work at all

bbildman
                  0 0
                  bbildman

454 posts

• Server monkey

Is there any way to change the size of the speed dial icons, in the previous version all of my icons fit on one screen. Now I have to scroll down to get to some of them. Or reduce the screen size like in Opera for Windows where I can reduce the zoom by a percentage.

bbildman
                  0 0
                  bbildman

454 posts

• Server monkey

Is there a way to install The previous version of opera number 42 over the current version number 43?

bbildman
                  0 0
                  bbildman

454 posts

• Server monkey

Ok, because I like O42 better than O43, I tried to install 42 over 43 - that doesn't work at all.

So I installed the last Opera Beta 42 as a separate app. I synced my O43 with all my bookmarks and the speed dial (which has a LOT of links on it). Then I synced O42 beta to move all the O43 bookmarks and its speed dial.

Now I DO have all the bookmarks, and when I click on the little sync box on the home page on O42 Beta, it shows my speed dial links, but I want to have ALL of those speed dials moved over to my Home Page like I have on O43. However I cannot find a way to make the "Other Speed Dial KFASWI" my home page.

How do I do that????

Thanks

bbildman
                  0 0
                  bbildman

454 posts

• Server monkey

I am still at wit's end in trying to import an entire set of speed dials that have been synced over from my Windows 7 O48.

And although mt account show ALL passwords synced, O42 Beta does not import them at all.

Help

leocg
                  0 0
                  leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

And although mt account show ALL passwords synced, O42 Beta does not import them at all.

Import from where? If you mean from Sync, it works only on Opera for desktops.

bbildman
                  0 0
                  bbildman

454 posts

• Server monkey

Import from where? If you mean from Sync, it works only on Opera for desktops.

Ah so, didn't know that.

What about importing the entire set of Speed Dial icons, or do I have to do each one individually by long pressing it and then import each one??

leocg
                  0 0
                  leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

What about importing the entire set of Speed Dial icons, or do I have to do each one individually by long pressing it and then import each one??

On Android I don't know a way to do it but on Opera for desktops you should be able to copy SDs from one device to another.

clarkbruce
                  0 0
                  clarkbruce

5 posts

dear opera why you can't turn off all images in webpage. your Large placeholders for images is amazing. but it doesn't work. still embedded images / hotlinked images are loading. and opera doesn't turn off images in https sites. in Firefox and uc browser if I set "don't load images" it won't load images in https and http sites. why opera can't turn off images globally?

clarkbruce
                    0 0
                    clarkbruce

5 posts

according to Wikipedia As of June 2017, 21.7% of Alexa top 1,000,000 websites use HTTPS as default, 43.1% of the Internet's 141,387 most popular websites have a secure implementation of HTTPS, and 45% of page loads (measured by Firefox Telemetry) use HTTPS. According to Mozilla since January 2017 more than half of the Web traffic is encrypted. Opera's data savings is useless for https sites. only way to save data is to turn off images

miyukiwork
                      1 0
                      miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@bbildman Speed Dial visual improvement will come in next version.

@clarkbruce Data savings mode improvement is another area that we are looking into now and will be improved in next versions

xirit32
                      2 0
                      xirit32

154 posts

@miyukiwork When can we expect those regression fixes?

miyukiwork
                        1 0
                        miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@xirit32 We are releasing a new beta soon, not promising all fixes, but you will see how we are improving Opera for Android now.

evildog1
                        0 0
                        evildog1

107 posts

Can you change the white border to black again in video player? it's too bright and hurting my eyes and it's not happen on Chrome. It happens on dr.dk/tv, facebook.com and other websites on portrait and landscape mode. Example https://imgur.com/uuKbvpK . Not affected on youtube.com. Who ever want to watch movie with white border in cinema?

And also remove the forced landscape mode in video player that Chrome decided to make it? It caused the page to scroll on top after I exit fullscreen, and i have to scroll down again. I understand why it is forced to torate to landscape mode but it's increasing so much streeeesssssss.. gosh... please do something

xirit32
                          0 0
                          xirit32

154 posts

@xirit32 We are releasing a new beta soon, not promising all fixes, but you will see how we are improving Opera for Android now.

Thanks, what matters the most is fixing the things that weren't broken in the previous version.

miyukiwork
                            1 0
                            miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@evildog1 Confirmed the problem in the public build. However, our internal builds are working fine, so it's fixed in the next version.

evildog1
                            0 0
                            evildog1

107 posts

@miyukiwork Thank you. Hope it will get solved soon and i don't want to see other issues with video player again in the future. And thanks for solving black gif issue on reddit :)

mrninko
                              0 0
                              mrninko

246 posts

Nothing breakthrough... Still same - weak. I'm glad I use Firefox.

personal1985
                                0 0
                                personal1985

24 posts

• Server monkey

@xirit32 In this version, we've mostly removed the experimental UI elements we included in the previous versions. Significant improvements will come in next versions. (No, 6 months is not the new release cycle, so we'll release faster than that )

At this time only Samsung Browser Beta is faster by using a trick.

When scrolling down or up in Samsung Browser Beta, JavaScript gets a low priority. Which makes scrolling the highest priority task. Many websites for example use JavaScript or rather abuse JavaScript for demanding code that executes simultaneously while scrolling.

Currently Opera Mobile Beta does not have this 'give JavaScript a lower priority for fancy effects' multithreading idea implemented.

I tested many websites and scrolling is always the most important task for a fluent experience. Since those fancy effects while scrolling with JavaScript or whatever are far less important.

Then Opera at Android takes the lead in effectiveness and smoothness over Chrome, Samsung again.

And for all browsers I can say, some websites expect you have the latest very expensive phones, probably since websites developers test mostly on flagships forgetting to optimize their inefficient website design. Since it's cheaper to develop slow fancy website compensates with very expensive phones by the enduser.

I always use tablet mode on mobile and tablet and I am telling you, Ooera is now 2nd. And a very simple thing like Sleep(10); in Opera it's JavaScript code when a user scrolling the website in a loop only in effect while scrolling would make Opera at least equally fast.

Just simple tricks. Once for example the iPhone stopped doing everything except scrolling the website and stopping all other tasks in a webbrowser but their entire OS too. It's called Snappyness.

razorfancy
                                0 0
                                razorfancy

2 posts

Since the version 43 (I also get this on beta version 44) I get a problem for some youtube videos(not all) but only when I go to full screen, the video shows black and stop then opera crash. This problem doesnt happen if I play the same videos on Google Chrome.

Here is one of the videos that this problem happens: https://youtu.be/fF7Cv3es9H0

darvinya
                                  0 0
                                  darvinya

11 posts

Hi

I like new Opera(44) Beta skin back to Opera Beta 42.7.2246.114995, but is some bug. The mini-link icons can not be used with a 5-inch display. Show slow websites. When wrong show website backwards. Scroll and zoom in checkout. The input tray remains in the input tray.

miyukiwork
                                    0 0
                                    miyukiwork

89 posts

• Opera employee

@personal1985 It's a known issue, we'll prioritize to solve the issue

@razorfancy Not reproducible for us. If you could share additional info, that'll help (e.g. Android version, phone model)

@darvinya "mini-link icons" is it about Speed Dial? If so, in what way it's not usable?

darvinya
                                    0 0
                                    darvinya

11 posts

@miyukiwork: The best available Opera Beta 42.7.2246.114995. This version was easily accessible with one-hand web page speed-dial buttons. Opera Beta 44 is no longer because they are very small. In addition, it is much slower in operation than 44, and many pages are flawed. The app button's graphics are also confused because of where it is old (web page menu) and where it is new (settings).

darvinya
                                      0 0
                                      darvinya

11 posts

When is Opera 44 update fix it bugs?

leocg
                                        0 0
                                        leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

When is Opera 44 update fix it bugs?

When it's ready.

evildog1
                                        0 0
                                        evildog1

107 posts

Opera v43 stable and Opera 44 beta crashes when i login with my Facebook at https://imageshack.us/login Chrome works perfectly

darvinya
                                          0 0
                                          darvinya

11 posts

@leocg : Thanx Then I downgrade Opera Beta 42.7.2246.114995, because the best.

zeeya
                                            0 0
                                            Moon

11 posts

Opera Beta version 44.0.2246.121597 has been pulled off from Play store... This is happening for the second consecutive time I think. Come on Opera do some quality checks before publishing a version.

leocg
                                              0 0
                                              leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

Opera Beta version 44.0.2246.121597

This topic is about Opera for Android Stable 43.

craigsams
                                              0 0
                                              craigsams

1 posts

Are You going to launch a new and improved version???

leocg
                                                0 0
                                                leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

Are You going to launch a new and improved version???

When it's ready, they probably will.

darvinya
                                                0 0
                                                darvinya

11 posts

It would be a good idea to have a beta version forum where there are talkable bugs and improved suggestions.

leocg
                                                  0 0
                                                  leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

It would be a good idea to have a beta version forum where there are talkable bugs and improved suggestions.

Just open a topic to discuss the current beta version if you want. You could name it 'Opera 44 Beta for Android'.

darvinya
                                                  0 0
                                                  darvinya

11 posts

Would not it be better only for the Opera Beta forum, where time bugs and development are in the order of time? Forum name: Opera Beta for bugs & ideas

leocg
                                                    0 0
                                                    leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

Would not it be better only for the Opera Beta forum, where time bugs and development are in the order of time? Forum name: Opera Beta for bugs & ideas

I don't think so. There aren't that many discussions to justify opening a forum just for the beta versions.

darvinya
                                                    0 0
                                                    darvinya

11 posts

@leocg: Opening the ”Opera Beta 44 for Android” forum is meaningless because it has canceled version 44.

leocg
                                                      0 0
                                                      leocg

13261 posts

• 10000 posts

Opening the ”Opera Beta 44 for Android” forum is meaningless because it has canceled version 44.

Or maybe they've found some issues in it.

darvinya
                                                      0 0
                                                      darvinya

11 posts

Opening the ”Opera Beta 44 for Android” forum is meaningless because it has canceled version 44.

Or maybe they've found some issues in it.

Surely there was a big problem. It once collapsed with me and made me memory. Its operation was very slow. I tried Opera 43 and Opera Beta 43, but they both came up with scrolling freezes. It's as if it's insensitive to a touch screen. None of their quick-release icons either appeared on Opera Beta 42. Opera / Beta 43's operation is not smooth, a little stuttering. What they like in my account is portraiture, but in very poor quality. I've returned to Opera Beta 42 because it's a smooth quick operation that's more important to me.