New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

Speed Dials Tumbails

kagliostroamp
kagliostroamp

10 posts

I'm desparated

With the new version of Opera (47.0.2631.80) the Speed Dials icons didn't show anymore the thumbnails of the corresponding pages

I've hundreds of Speed Dial link and surf on it looking to the images (didn't remember the name of the most part of the linked pages)

PLEASE can someone explain how to restore the correct show of the thumbnails in "one click", to do it link by link is a

very long and tedious thing (because of the very large quantity of link on Speed Dials)

I'm Very Very sad and disappointed by this theng

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE

HELP !!!!

K

4 Replies - 108 Views

sgunhouse
    1 0
    sgunhouse

3869 posts

• Server monkey
    • 2000 posts

If you don't have a backup, there is no "one click" solution. You would have to visit each page, click on the heart icon in the address bar, and change the image there for each page.

kagliostroamp
    0 0
    kagliostroamp

10 posts

Sad thing to hear

Is my fault I haven't a recent backup

BUT I think developers has to keep in mind that when they do upgrades this aren't so appeciated if they destroy

a part of the long job the users do to personalize the browser

OK is MY fault :-(

--

Can someone remember to me wich is the way to save all this "stuff" for security ? (Opera hasen't only young users ....)

THANKS

K

leocg
      1 0
      leocg

13238 posts

• 10000 posts

BUT I think developers has to keep in mind that when they do upgrades this aren't so appeciated if they destroy a part of the long job the users do to personalize the browser

Maybe, but it was your choice to use a testing version of a software without taking the necessary precautions like keeping backups of your important data.

Can someone remember to me wich is the way to save all this "stuff" for security ?

Do a backup of Opera's profile folder.

kagliostroamp
      0 0
      kagliostroamp

10 posts

Do a backup of Opera's profile folder.

Thanks, Many Thanks

..... but it was your choice to use a testing version of a software .....

My fault, I didn't know I was using a testing version

Till sometime ago I decided when and if I want to upgrade the Opera version on my PC

but now seems this isn't under control of the user and the upgrade are automatic

K