Since last week's update, my Opera browser has become very unpredictable. Pages take forever to load, Speed Dial links may or may not work, videos also take forever to load and sometimes stop and start. When I tried to uninstall the browser, hoping to download it again, I got an error message saying the program had "failed to uninstall." So I can't even do that.
Try a reinstall on top of current one. Try also a clean profile folder.
I have seen some of those symptoms on Win 7 64-bit, with Opera stable updates usually applied on the day released. This has happened three or four times in the last couple of weeks.
The page navigation gets into a confused state. Backwards, forwards and clicking on speed dial links takes me to the wrong URL though it will be somewhere in the recent history. Opening a fresh tab does not help but restarting Opera clears it. I use rocker gestures quite a lot, that may be of relevance. I have not spotted what exact action can trigger my problem.
Mine was the internal settings pages like Download page and History page and Settings page were very laggy. I thought they were going to crash but they were just slow. Also, my CPU revved up when I went to those pages. Definitely there were some bugs, no doubt. Normal web browsing appeared to be normal. Speed dial was quick to open and smooth.
I have the same problems with Opera 46. Some web pages and internal setting pages are loaded very slowly, new Speed Dial page freezes while opening.
Since the recent Opera update, I am not able to change any Opera settings or Extension settings since those pages are slowed to a crawl.
I have had the same problem but its only recent.
I did a clean install of an earlier copy of Opera.
It worked Ok for a few days then began slowing
I also noticed that Opera insisted on installing a new copy because my flash player had stopped loading .
I went from the original 26 version to the latest 47 and it seemed to get worse.
I have emailed Opera about this but have had no reply.
I might go back to the original 26 and remove the references in the file that allows Opera to update automatically.
it sure is becoming a frustration, particularly when they don't reply.
I cannot access the Extension page, settings page because they are so laggy and unresponsive (Opera 47). I believe it has to do with my laptop screen is high resolution as I do not see this problem with my work computer.