New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

Opera Searchbar

mamadprod
mamadprod

4 posts

Hi! I want to say firstly that I don't speak english but I tried. I have a little problem with my Searchbar (linkbar) when I search something I'm automatically redirected to google.pl. I look everywhere in the settings and I find nothing. I just want to search my things on google.com or google.be. I hope that you can find a solution. Thank you

7 Replies - 119 Views

sgunhouse
    1 0
    sgunhouse

3873 posts

• Server monkey
    • 2000 posts

What is your actual location (country)? Opera asks Google where you are and redirects you accordingly. It is possible to edit a file and change the location setting, if you change your location to say you are in the US you would get google.com.

mamadprod
    0 0
    mamadprod

4 posts

I'm actually in Belgium. It's a desk computer so he never change of place. When I go to google maps, he give me the good location. Where is the special file to edit?

Thanks for all!

leocg
      1 1
      leocg

13254 posts

• 10000 posts

Where is the special file to edit?

It's 'Local State' in Opera's profile folder. You can find the path to profile in Menu > About Opera.

You need to change the country code in the following lines:

"location":{"country":"br","country_from_server":"BR","timestamp":"1516099273600000000"}

mamadprod
      0 0
      mamadprod

4 posts

The problem stay the same... When I change the code and I save it I don't have any problems. After when I open Opera, I see my mouse loading something and It doesn't work. The code change by him self...

Sorry if I'm a bit confusing when I explain.

leocg
        0 0
        leocg

13254 posts

• 10000 posts

Did you allow Google to get your location by chance?

rudrick
        0 0
        rudrick

150 posts

'Local State' workaround doesn't work anymore, for months.

[Mod warning: Stop spamming.]

mamadprod
          0 0
          mamadprod

4 posts

Sorry, I don't have any mic. Do you can send me the link of the extention? Or maybe explain me how I can install it?

Thanks guys for your help!