Forums will be closed soon as read-only due to our ongoing migration to the new forums page!
Discussion thread

Save Dialog Broken

gulgin
gulgin

2 posts

Whenever I go to open or save any files the dialog box opens up severely corrupted. The folders are shown with the correct icons but the text appears to be replaced with all spaces and the UI buttons at the bottom of the dialog are completely missing.

I have used Opera quite a long time and this recently started, I am not sure if there was a significant update recently, I am using 47.0.2631.71, tried uninstall/reinstall.

3 Replies - 83 Views

sgunhouse
    0 0
    sgunhouse

3877 posts

• Server monkey
    • 2000 posts

It's some sort of a language setting I think, probably in Windows and not Opera. The font being used in the dialog doesn't support the configured language. Not sure how it got that way ...

gulgin
    0 0
    gulgin

2 posts

It turns out this is a system problem and not something with Opera. All browsers are doing it including firefox and chrome. I am still trying to figure out what is wrong, but it appears to be an explorer thing rather than an Opera issue.

Edit - Included a screenshot if anyone is interested. http://imgur.com/a/8UnbF

sgunhouse
      0 0
      sgunhouse

3877 posts

• Server monkey
      • 2000 posts

Version of Windows? Given the transparency in the image I'll presume 7, but there are some ways to make 10 look like that ...

As this isn't about Opera it should really be in the Lounge, but I'll leave it for now - at least until you reply.