New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

[Solved] External password manager for Opera?

esebm
esebm

50 posts

• Server monkey

Hi, Can someone recommend a decent external (or extension) password manager for Opera? So far I have tried Dashlane and KeePass and both do not work. Thanks, Ed

10 Replies - 133 Views

neil-h
0 0
neil-h

4 posts

try RoboForm. I use it. I got annoyed with it and used LastPass for awhile and switched back to RoboForm.

esebm
    0 0
    esebm

50 posts

• Server monkey

I installed LastPass recently and I'm currently testing it. If I don't like it I'll test RoboForm. Thanks for the input.

esebm
    0 0
    esebm

50 posts

• Server monkey

One problem already popped up, I can not import Opera passwords.

rudrick
    0 0
    rudrick

149 posts

I'll just use the built in. There's import & export these days... through the flag.

esebm
      0 0
      esebm

50 posts

• Server monkey

I don't understand what you mean. The "built-in" what? Import, Export trough what flag?

leocg
      0 0
      leocg

13220 posts

• 10000 posts

he "built-in" what?

Most probably the password manager as this is the subject of this topic

Import, Export trough what flag?

I don't remember how it's called at the moment but you should be able to find it by searching for import or export in flags page.

tcebob
      0 0
      Guitar

164 posts

enter: chrome://flags/ There's a search box. Enter "Pass" one of the found topics will be "Password import and export" Click that and set to "enabled" Now, when in Settings/Privacy and Security/Passwords you will see Import and Export options. Note that you can't add to the passwords without going to the site and logging in, then click OK on Save this Password.

esebm
        0 0
        esebm

50 posts

• Server monkey

I did that, thanks for the help. However, I do not understand how that helps to import my Opera passwords into LastPass. Ed

leocg
        0 0
        leocg

13220 posts

• 10000 posts

I do not understand how that helps to import my Opera passwords into LastPass

If LastPass allows you to import passwords, you can export yours from Opera and import them in LastPass.

esebm
        0 0
        esebm

50 posts

• Server monkey

OK, that seemed to have worked. I exported the Opera pw into a cvs file and imported into LastPass. Thanks a lot for that tip.

This discussion has been closed.