New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

Allow bookmark URLs to be right clicked + copied

druidman
druidman

2 posts

Something I frequently do is right click a link and copy it, for use in whatever piece of text I am composing.

For example, I have bookmarked a bunch of knowledgebase links and help articles and in the process of delivering support to my users I often want to grab those links and embed them in replies that I am writing.

Unfortunately, so far as I can tell, when it comes to links I've saved to the bookmark bar this is only possible in Opera if I right click the bookmark, edit, then copy and paste the URL from there. What I'd love is if on right clicking links in the bookmark bar, the context menu included a Copy URL option.

Thanks!

7 Replies - 156 Views

vux777
    0 0
    vux777

435 posts

• Server monkey

Hi dudu :P
    If you like, you can try V7 Bookmarks
    in settings there is an checkbox Right click copy will also copy bookmarks URL's into clipboard
    just make sure to reopen extension sidebar after you enable it

concretable
    0 0
    concretable

264 posts

Allowing bookmarks to be right-clicked if they are in a folder on the bookmarks toolbar would be nice. Individual bookmarks by themselves on the toolbar can be right-clicked, but those in folders are treated as if they are left-clicked when they are right-clicked. Middle-clicking does work however.

zalex108
      0 0
      zalex108

1403 posts

• Server monkey
      • 1000 posts

In Windows, right click works as right click even for bookmarks inside bookmarks bar folders.

concretable
      0 0
      concretable

264 posts

Too bad that is not true for MacOS.

zalex108
        0 0
        zalex108

1403 posts

• Server monkey
        • 1000 posts

Too bad that is not true for MacOS.

That has no sense.

Windows 10 (x64) | Anniversary Update
        Opera Stable · Beta · Developer

Test profile | Back up Linux · Mac · Win

druidman
        0 0
        druidman

2 posts

Individual bookmarks by themselves on the toolbar can be right-clicked, but those in folders are treated as if they are left-clicked when they are right-clicked.

This didn't match my own experience and I wondered why but on reflection, I see it's unclear from my initial post that I was referring specifically to bookmarks within the bookmarks bar.

If I open the bookmark page/manager via Shift + Ctrl + B I can right click and copy bookmarks as expected, so that's A-OK.

For the bookmarks bar, however (and in my case, all of the bookmarks in the bookmarks bar are organized in folders), when I right click an individual bookmark though I get a context menu as expected with further options to select from, including Open, Open in new tab... etc - what's missing from my perspective is an option to Copy (the URL).

rejzor
          0 0
          rejzor

94 posts

• Server monkey

+1

Bookmarks management is really clumsy as hell right now.