Forums will be closed soon as read-only due to our ongoing migration to the new forums page!
Discussion thread

Hey, we have a Lounge!

sgunhouse
sgunhouse

3877 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Surprised I get to be the first one here.

Okay, maybe I should be semi-official. The Lounge is intended for friendly chatter, games, and ... well, anything that doesn't fit into the Opera-related forums but isn't against the rules. No spam, no hacks, no buying or selling stuff - the old timers should know the rules. (I don't work for Opera Software, but I am a moderator. As such I don't make the rules, I'm just restating what they were in the old forums.)

83 Replies - 4207 Views

[Deleted User]
0 0
[Deleted User]

0 posts

• Server monkey

No :beer: smiley? No edit capability? Pffft! :irked:

sgunhouse
0 0
sgunhouse

3877 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

You can edit for 30 minutes - but you have to reload the page for the edit option to show. Yeah, needs work ...

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

"Something's rotten in the state of..." So long as somebody hires jerks, it's likely their project is doomed. http://www.facebook.com/Josh.sarmat.Lincoln/posts/522950984483161

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts
joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Guys! Would you consider "voting" somehow here?

You have posted 2 times within 120 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again. Blah-blah-blah!..

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Just to remind you, guys, that there are the Old Smilies:);)

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Interesting situation. Some time ago I got nervous about a certain site, and went on to register an additional email. I found some mainstream service, registered there, but you know what? I completely forgot what service it was, while I perfectly remember my login words - name of my box (where? damn it;), "secret words";).. Just sayin'..:D

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Morning, Steve!

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Oops! having hit here, I occurred at the top of this page - which is unusual.

So, Michael's here. Are you, Michael?
Now to the business. Unlike somewhere else, you can only edit your post during the first 30 minutes, and you can not delete it, so...
The designated 'Markdown' is functioning (take a look at the link at the bottom), but not entirely (you can check out feedback threads and/or tinker yourself). Editing is working with minor glitches, non-lethal...

What? Welcome! :coffee: :cheers:

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@h82typ No :beer: smiley? No edit capability? Pffft! :irked:

What did you say? :lol:

[Deleted User]
0 0
[Deleted User]

0 posts

• Server monkey

I'm here. About that "DnD is dead" thingy: That's a wee bit premature. Things are a bit quiet at the moment, but it'll liven up soon enough. :alien:

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Should I care? I like rules.

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@dennisbrok. Welcome to the new forums! :drunk:

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@rjhowie. Hey, duke! congratulations! wherever you are...

(@mjmsprt40) Michael, would you mind passing him my congratulations?

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@vincent10 Hey, Vince! We have a Lounge! ;)

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Guys! If somebody of you is gonna start a thread right about one of these days, consider taking a look at this thread of Dave's: check out if you have the smilies dropdown button when creating your OP, etc. I don't think it's crucial for, say, life on Earth, but still;)

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@leocg

Dude, how old are you now? Like a hundred? :party: Be well! :D

leocg
0 0
leocg

13268 posts

• 10000 posts

@leocg Dude, how old are you now? Like a hundred?

Maybe a thousand. :-)

Be well!

Thanks.

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@ra12macers
thanks josh. how do i search section?

Who's i?

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Hey, we have a Lounge!

While the Russian section doesn't.
So I call it here...

@sitnicoff

We do have a lounge, so I decided to invite you here to introduce you to something.
На Operaforums есть русскоязычная секция - ты можешь выбрать её в выпадающем меню в верхней части главной страницы напротив значка глобуса.
Next, you should state your system version and your browser version when you post a problem. Описывая проблему, упоминай версию операционки И версию Оперы - и будет тебе счастье:)
Well, учи английский и welcome here then, if you wish;)
:cheers:

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Mikey "the Spirit" has recently been feeling not well. Now admitted to a hospital nearby *. Alive and kicking, the friend saying.

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Happy Mother's Day in England! :)

[Deleted User]
0 0
[Deleted User]

0 posts

• Server monkey

Mikey "the Spirit" has recently been feeling not well.Now admitted to a hospital nearby *. > Alive and kicking, the friend saying.

Within my clumsy English, which is not my native language (this is the Portuguese) let me say that I felt affected by the news. Still because of be from another language, It remains still the possibility that I did not understand correctly, but I'll risk it and already express my best wishes for excellent recovery You resonates in me as a rare person, of good will and good humor, regardless for me to be not seeing and sharing coexistence with you, I "KNOW" this. You impart it. Such as Dave.

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Quinca, it's Michael the Chicagoan, USA. Sent him another letter the other day...
They're saying that he's getting a treatment, but... You know...

[Deleted User]
0 0
[Deleted User]

0 posts

• Server monkey

Grateful. Somehow, I can't deny I felt a certain relief that God will allow me. I thought it was yourself. Remain my best wishes now to him. As remain my assessments about you and Dave.

sgunhouse
1 0
sgunhouse

3877 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Michael aka mjmsprt40 on the old forums.

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Facebook has reminded me it's his birthday today.

@mjmsprt40 :wizard:

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Hi Lincoln. I'm very sorry to be the one to tell you, but Mike passed away this last week. He very rapidly went downhill between Friday and Tuesday and then passed away early Wednesday morning.

[Deleted User]
0 0
[Deleted User]

0 posts

• Server monkey

Condolences. Death, after love, is the word most misunderstood by humanity. Paul Brunton, mentioned without quotation marks because it is not the original text, quoted from memory.

joshl
1 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

Happy V-Day!

Michael's father was in the military, in the engineering. He came to fight in Europe in 1944. Let's commemorate the braves! Watched "The Science of D-Day" yesterday - the author (presenter), a young Brit, was saying the worst things he would've thought about in his teenagehood weren't comparable to the realities of those young soldiers approaching Normandy at that day.

blackbird71
0 0
Moon

1754 posts

• Server monkey
  • 1000 posts

I'm not sure any of us who haven't personally been through such times can ever fully grasp the fear - and bravery - of the generation that lived through (and in so many cases, died in) that war. To those of that generation who put their lives on the line literally, be all honor.

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@davidcool2357

Hello! If you have any browser unrelated problems - we have this area. No selling or advertising though anyway! :)

Welcome! :coffee:

joshl
0 0
joshl

3747 posts

• Server monkey
  • 2000 posts

@leocg

Leo, always working, huh?
Take a 5, we serve some coffee here in the Lounge :coffee:

This discussion has been closed.