New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

Cache does not clear all cookies / files system

systematic123
Hockey

13 posts

I did a clear cache and all other files (from beginning of time).

Whilst most people assume Opera has been done its, I went back in to check and selected 'all cookies and site data'. It has cleared everything, except for an item from on web site. It was n't a 'cookie' but a 'file system' object. I am not sure of the difference between the two. I had to manually delete this item, from Opera.

Running Windows 10 Pro, running latest edition of Opera.

Why did n't it clear everything?

5 Replies - 87 Views

sgunhouse
    0 0
    sgunhouse

3875 posts

• Server monkey
    • 2000 posts

Did you have the site open in another tab? Did you have all the checkboxes (except perhaps passwords and autofill) checked?

gabrieljonathan123
    0 0
    gabrieljonathan123

48 posts

You could also try exploring Win key + R, type %appdata% -> Local and find Opera related files. File system objects are usually placed there. Additionally, you can try using CCleaner for a full cleanup. However, by default, it should have cleaned up by default.

systematic123
      0 0
      Hockey

13 posts

"Did you have the site open in another tab? "

No. I am aware, Opera can pre-load web sites....

"Did you have all the checkboxes (except perhaps passwords and autofill) checked?"

Yes, I did have all checkboxes ticked. It deleted all of them, except for this one web site. I have to log on to this web site.

systematic123
        0 0
        Hockey

13 posts

"You could also try exploring Win key + R, type %appdata% -> Local and find Opera related files. File system objects are usually placed there. "

That looks useful. Do you know which directory exactly?

sgunhouse
          0 0
          sgunhouse

3875 posts

• Server monkey
          • 2000 posts

Actually, he was wrong. File System is found in your profile (see About Opera) which is in Roaming rather than Local.