New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

Three windows buttons gone

markwiering
markwiering

3 posts

• Server monkey

Hello there!

I have installed Opera on Kali Linux. However, I have noticed that when I maximise Opera's screen, the three window buttons on the right upper corner are gone. I can't minimise Opera any more and also can't change Opera's screen size.

This is a problem that really only concerns Opera, because with all other applications, I don't have this problem.

My question is: is there a way to get those three buttons back when Opera is maximised?

If not, then I hope that this bug will be fixed soon, because it's really irritating.

9 Replies - 246 Views

jimunderscorep
1 0
jimunderscorep

127 posts

What desktop enviroment does kali have (gnome/kde/xfce/something else)?

sgunhouse
    1 0
    sgunhouse

3864 posts

• Server monkey
    • 2000 posts

Maximize, or fullscreen mode? Fullscreen mode is supposed to remove everything, while Maximize should have a title bar and window decorations.

sencor90
    1 0
    sencor90

11 posts

I use XFCE, and all buttons are gone, when window is Maximized. I do not want to go with mouse acros whole screen to taskbar to minimize it, I do not want to go to Menu and click Exit. What's wrong with UI designers these days. Removing basic functionalities which works for decades.

jimunderscorep
      0 0
      jimunderscorep

127 posts

This is weird, because opera, unlike chrome or chromium, does not have its own csd (client side decorations), so it relies on the window manager of the desktop enviroment for the minimise, maximise, close functions. What window manager are you using?

Needless to say I have no problem here (debian testing x64 with openbox).

sencor90
        0 0
        sencor90

11 posts

I have old Fedora 22 in VM, not updating. Only Opera is updating there. Nice couple of versions before, there were all buttons. After some time, only X was visible. Now, nothing is visible. I installed in second VM Fedora 26, complete default XFCE, with latest Opera, and now, only X is visible when maximized.

rudrick
          0 0
          rudrick

149 posts

hmm have u changed flags? there's some flag regarding the title bar...

sencor90
            0 0
            sencor90

11 posts

No, pure default installation. I didn't found any flag regarding titlebar or buttons.

pindos
              0 0
              pindos

7 posts

Xubuntu 16.04 32 bit. Also have no buttons in the upper corner when Opera is maximized. I only have Tab menu here.

sencor90
                0 0
                sencor90

11 posts

They do not want us to use their browser...