Opera Mini 22 for Android

miyukiwork
miyukiwork

80 posts

• Opera employee

Hi! We are happy to announce the release of Opera Mini 22 (22.0.2254.113472). In this version, video user experience is better and the UI comes with Material Design. We've also continued focused on performance improvement, so starting Opera Mini should be faster.

New features in this release:

-Material design and UI refresh

-Video improvement: Youtube playback, RTSP stream support

-Startup performance improvement

-Start page news improvement

Please take Opera Mini for a spin and leave a comment with any feedback you may have for us.

You can get Opera Mini for Android here: http://opr.as/r2S

/Miyuki

Opera Mini for Android team

46 Replies - 2177 Views

jackob11
1 0
jackob11

132 posts

Can't able to enter https://onhax.me website in both Extreme & High mode. Opera Mini can't able to bypass CloudFlare DDOS protection. And I want to play the download videos via MX Player but there's no way to play the downloaded videos using other media player. All those videos playing directly Opera Mini's poor video playing system

regnas
    1 0
    regnas

54 posts

Direct APK link from Opera servers please...

Thx...

arkydon
      1 0
      arkydon

19 posts

@miyukiwor Theres a bug. The address bar gets blocked from view by the "Copy link" or link suggestion bar.

leocg
        1 0
        leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

@miyukiwor Theres a bug. The address bar gets blocked from view by the "Copy link" or link suggestion bar.

https://forums.opera.com/discussion/1881914/suggestion-thumbnail-overlays-the-address-bar-in-opera-mini-22-beta

zalex108
        1 0
        zalex108

1401 posts

• Server monkey
        • 1000 posts

:up:

Are Page Layout and Extreme saving mode related or it'a bug? image

leocg
        1 0
        leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

Are Page Layout and Extreme saving mode related or it'a bug?

As far as I know, they are related.

ajdeneka
        1 0
        ajdeneka

13 posts

Keyboard still covering most of sign in forms, I mentioned this in Opera Mini 21 topic. http://imgur.com/a/hunDy 1st screenshot is Opera Mini, 2nd is Lightning browser. See how Lightning browser pushes sign in form above keyboard so that you can actually see what you are writing.

Regarding black theme, I also asked this few times but no response. I understand that you have all white backgrounds for address bar background, no matter the theme color. And that is just wrong IMHO. Especially in black theme. I mean what is the purpose of having black theme when address bar background is white and it is actually biggest visible part of a theme. Please take a look here: http://imgur.com/a/gJKyd - this is Puffin browsers dark theme, Lightning browser has it almost identical too. It is exactly as I was suggesting you guys to make black AMOLED theme. Dark grey adress bar background and little bit lighter grey for url/search letters. Actually when you are typing letters are white so that you can clearly see, and when you hit enter they become grey. So much better on eyes and battery too, if you have AMOLED screen phone.

If you don't want to change that, then please make new theme, AMOLED theme, that would be all pitch black with only address bar dark grey and url/search text little bit brighter grey.

Also I asked before, could you add option to view webpages with inverted colors? Lightning browser has this, and it can reduce battery consumption significantly, again, if on AMOLED phone. http://imgur.com/a/R16Dp - this is Lightning browser with inverted colors. You see how it is "smart" and it doesn't invert photos. And as most webpages has white background by default, it is HUGE difference in battery consumption when inverted and it is also easier to read white text on black background, especially outdoors.

Please give me some feedback on this, thanks!

miyukiwork
          1 0
          miyukiwork

80 posts

• Opera employee

@regnas We'll soon upload the build to http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/

@arkydon Can you tell me on which device the problem is happening?

regnas
          1 0
          regnas

54 posts

^ Thx...

[Deleted User]
            1 0
            [Deleted User]

0 posts

@ miyukiwork:

your link is corrupted, it forwards me to

http://android-4-4-2-plus.oms.apps.opera.com/ende/operamini_51.html?pos=16

which seems as dead as a dodo. i'll continue to pull my opera mini updates from apkmirror, and avoid that opera store like the plague.

regnas
              1 0
              regnas

54 posts

Yep, can't use this version, the address bar gets covered as mentioned above....

leocg
                1 0
                leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

your link is corrupted, it forwards me to

Seems to be working here.

regnas
                1 0
                regnas

54 posts

And to help you guys, I found that the *address bar getting covered" bug only exists when using the classic layout, the phone and tablet layouts are fine.

I'm using the phone layout for now, but it's hard to navigate because of the hidden forward and backward buttons...

regnas
                  1 0
                  regnas

54 posts

Another funny discovery related to the address bar getting covered, if I turn off battery saver the problem goes away... at least on my phone...

Hmm, I use battery saver all the time, that's why I was seeing this issue.... Funny bug, though....

zalex108
                    1 0
                    zalex108

1401 posts

• Server monkey
                    • 1000 posts

Are Page Layout and Extreme saving mode related or it'a bug?
                    As far as I know, they are related.

@Leocg

Thanks for the clarification, I do not understand the relation between layout and compression but well, it is not that it matters too much and besides it is not a bug either.

leocg
                    1 0
                    leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

I found that the *address bar getting covered" bug only exists when using the classic layout

I use the classic one and don't have that issue.

leocg
                    1 0
                    leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

I do not understand the relation between layout and compression

In 'Extreme Mode', everything is processed in Mini's servers and you get an 'image' of the page. Because of it, you can change the page layout.

'High Mode' uses Android's Webview to render the pages and Turbo servers to compress data. So any change on page layout would depend om Webview supporting it.

regnas
                    1 0
                    regnas

54 posts

I found that the *address bar getting covered" bug only exists when using the classic layout

I use the classic one and don't have that issue.

Yeah, like I said above, it only happens when you are in battery saver mode + the classic layout.

jackob11
                      1 0
                      jackob11

132 posts

One of the biggest problem I faced that I can't able to access http://onhax.me website both in Extreme & High saving mode.

miyukiwork
                        2 0
                        miyukiwork

80 posts

• Opera employee

@regnas We've fixed the issue in the latest beta. If you have Opera Mini beta also installed on the same phone, can you check if the issue is still reproducible?

jackob11
                        1 0
                        jackob11

132 posts

@miyukiwork in latest beta the address bar alignment problem is fixed but in this version it is said that, "More Facebook with Less Data (Facebook Loads Faster) but I saw that, Facebook loading speed is worst now. the previous version seems good but this versions facebook loading speed is damn slow. & all other websites loading speed is full ok And I already said that I'm facing another problem. I can't able to access http://onhax.me I know Extreme mode can't able to redirect to onhax from cloudflare protection but what about High mode ??? Why this mode can't able to bypass cloudflare ddos protection timer?? While all other web browser is full ok to enter on OnHax

arkydon
                          1 0
                          arkydon

19 posts

@miyukiwor Micromax Nitro. But I'm not the only one facing this bug and double tapping text inside address bar moves the "Copy link" bar hiding the address bar, to the position it should be.

zalex108
                            1 0
                            zalex108

1401 posts

• Server monkey
                            • 1000 posts

I do not understand the relation between layout and compression

In 'Extreme Mode', everything is processed in Mini's servers and you get an 'image' of the page. Because of it, you can change the page layout. 'High Mode' uses Android's Webview to render the pages and Turbo servers to compress data. So any change on page layout would depend om Webview supporting it.

Now I understand how they manage those setting.
                            Thanks

regnas
                            1 0
                            regnas

54 posts

@regnas We've fixed the issue in the latest beta. If you have Opera Mini beta also installed on the same phone, can you check if the issue is still reproducible?

I would love to check but for some reason Opera Mini betas won't install on my phone, only stable releases install without problems... :(

d-wa
                              1 0
                              d-wa

92 posts

• Server monkey

Ay b0ss, in the latest beta I can't open offline pages, it's trying to open with office apps instead.

[Deleted User]
                              1 0
                              [Deleted User]

0 posts

have you tried the latest opera mini 23 beta?

mine is 23.0.2254.113853

lurkinger
                                1 0
                                lurkinger

2 posts

How can Opera Mini remember passwords? I always choose to remember when in sign-in forms but it doesn't seem to remember any.

lageb
                                  1 0
                                  lageb

2 posts

Hi,

since some time last week I have had several clients reported that they could not submit a form on our web site. Most of our clients are using Opera Mini in Extreme data savings mode. The site has been running without any problem in Opera Mini Extreme mode since five years. It still works perfect in all other browsers, including Opera Mini High mode.

After some investigations, I found that one session variable is suddenly empty after form submit. I think this must depend on something updated on Opera Mini servers or the new browser? It is a server side session variable. We have not made any changes in our system and the problem is exactly the same on both production and development systems.

I have sent a bug report to Opera, but it's told that they not reply so I hope I can get some feedback in this forum. Is this known by Opera and is it something that will be fixed soon?

Best regards

Lage

leocg
                                    2 0
                                    leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

since some time last week I have had several clients reported that they could not submit a form on our web site.

Please read this guide and open a topic to discuss it.

Also include the bug report ID - without the @ part - for reference.

mbaluta
                                    1 0
                                    mbaluta

229 posts

• Opera employee

@lageb, can you please write your report ID? I will contact you directly.

lageb
                                    1 0
                                    lageb

2 posts

My report id is:

Reported Opera bug DNAWIZ-12363

I appreciate if you can contact me.

Best Regards

Lage

leocg
                                      1 0
                                      leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

DNAWIZ-12363

You reported a bug in Opera for desktops.

A bug in Opera Mini for Android should start with ANMEXT or something like that.

The correct way to report issues with Opera Mini is from inside the browser, using the 'report a problem' form.

rahulps108
                                      1 0
                                      Ninja

14 posts

The 23 beta fixed the address input issue

ronvalcer
                                        1 0
                                        ronvalcer

11 posts

@Miyukiwork and team When is released opera mini 21 and 22 for android 2.3 ?

And , I think the same : Keyboard still covering most of sign in forms, I mentioned this in Opera Mini 21 topic. http://imgur.com/a/hunDy 1st screenshot is Opera Mini, 2nd is Lightning browser. See how Lightning browser pushes sign in form above keyboard so that you can actually see what you are writing.

leocg
                                          1 0
                                          leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

When is released opera mini 21 and 22 for android 2.3 ?

I don't think it will happen.

leocg
                                          1 0
                                          leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

Keyboard still covering most of sign in forms

Not happening here in latest beta.

brandtstetter
                                          1 0
                                          brandtstetter

1 posts

hi there, i use huawei mate 9 and opera mini, but it does not synchronize with my windows opera. everything is up to date and latest software. can anybody help please?

leocg
                                            1 0
                                            leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

i use huawei mate 9 and opera mini, but it does not synchronize with my windows opera

What version of Opera Mini?

mbaluta
                                            1 0
                                            mbaluta

229 posts

• Opera employee

@brandtstetter keep in mind Speed Dials are not synced. Have you checked bookmarks?

ornelien
                                            1 0
                                            ornelien

31 posts

opera mini doesn't want to go to the website when you click on a link in the Google results. Bug already reported

leocg
                                              1 0
                                              leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

opera mini doesn't want to go to the website when you click on a link in the Google results. Bug already reported

It seems to be working here.

exsanguinator
                                              1 0
                                              exsanguinator

1 posts

I have mistakenly uninstalled opera mini,once i reinstalled it,all my bookmarks are gone. I thought they were saved as backup,as i was signed into opera at the time. Can anyone help? I'm using kitkat 4.4.

leocg
                                                1 0
                                                leocg

13037 posts

• 10000 posts

I have mistakenly uninstalled opera mini,once i reinstalled it,all my bookmarks are gone. I thought they were saved as backup,as i was signed into opera at the time. Can anyone help? I'm using kitkat 4.4.

Do you see them at https://sync.opera.com/web/ ?

d-wa
                                                0 0
                                                d-wa

92 posts

• Server monkey

Hi, I want​ to report a frustrating thing with opening some site.

When I open some shady sites like torrent site on my overprotective cellular network it redirect me to their "restricted" page. I accept that, but when I switch to other cellular network and wifi with no restriction I still got redirected to the previous page from my mobile network. I think it stuck on redirect cache. It only happen in high saving mode.

What I ask from this is please add 'clear cache' or introduce more advanced clear history options with clear cache and individual site cookies removal.

d-wa
                                                1 0
                                                d-wa

92 posts

• Server monkey

Latest beta update today makes me unable to open feeds. It basically redirects to internal error page about invalid slot but webview didn't recognize it so it just give "unknown url scheme" error page.

I got something in mind regarding the advancement as of now. I think high saving is still lacking in terms of the features integration and bugfixes. Maybe it's because too much complicity to work on two engines in one app. Maybe it will be better if the new Opera Mini only use high saving and the extreme only for the old Mini. That way you can focus on improving this one new engine while putting aside the other one which is kinda limited anyway. But that's what we love, simple mini browsing. It could also help with​ the lower Android OS version which could only use the old one anyway to get the new look. Just keep support the app.

And as a regular user we can choose between the two apps for our needs for browsing, a quick one or basic one.

mumarkahloon
                                                0 0
                                                mumarkahloon

1 posts

Opera Mini is not able to get through CloudFlare DDOS protection i guess because i am not able to visit piratecity.net to get internet download manager its really frustrating. X(

please fix this issue asap.

This discussion has been closed.