New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

looking for Opera 25 for Mac running 10.6.8 (32-bit)

jlbopera
jlbopera

3 posts

Hello everyone,

I did a really stupid thing, and now looking to remedy my problem. I tried to install opera 26 on my aging mac that's stuck on 10.6.8 (because only 32-bit) and it installed w/out complaint - only of course, it doesn't work. So I'd like to find the install for the previous version that worked fine ; the last rendition of opera 25 for mac. When I brows the download section for previous versions of Opera, it seems to only be the Presto versions that are available, nothing found since Opera is running on Blink.

Any way I can find the last version of Opera 25 Stable for Mac to download ? Any help greatly appreciated !

Many thanks, Jean-Loup

10 Replies - 26221 Views

aeyoun
    1 0
    aeyoun

169 posts

• Opera employee
    • Server monkey
    jlbopera
    0 0
    jlbopera

3 posts

Wow, that was fast ! Thank you aeyoun very much for the link ! I really appreciate it !

jlbopera
      0 0
      jlbopera

3 posts

... installed, and works like a charm. Thanks again !

nouvopera
        0 0
        nouvopera

1 posts

Please where can i find the beta version for mac 10.6.8, i can't find it anywhere?

thanks

linuxmint7
          0 1
          linuxmint7

1344 posts

• Server monkey
          • 1000 posts

Please where can i find the beta version for mac 10.6.8, i can't find it anywhere? thanks

Here.

http://net.geo.opera.com/opera/beta/mac?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=desktop_blog&utm_campaign=desktop_side_bar

aeyoun
          0 0
          aeyoun

169 posts

• Opera employee
          • Server monkey

Mac OS 10.6 is no longer supported. Please consider upgrading your Mac to a newer operating system version, if supported.

Any build from before the deprecation notice will still work in OS 10.6.

fiodepo
          0 0
          fiodepo

1 posts

great. I have the very same computer of @jlbopera so for me was a kinda of surprise to discover that v25 was ok. Up to now I was stacked in v12 (meaning that whenever I click for update, the result was "you have the latest version compatible).

Before doing something wrong can any of you confirm that ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/desktop/25.0.1614.71/mac/ is suitable for my mac-mini (1.66, early 2006, intelcoreduo, 10.6.8)?

Thanks

netpreneur
            0 0
            netpreneur

1 posts

Thanks aeyoun - appreciate your help. Found it in google page 1. Laptop with Lion 10.7.5 crashed and Apple store could only restore 10.6.8 so now forced to find a version that works.

sgunhouse
              0 0
              sgunhouse

3864 posts

• Server monkey
              • 2000 posts
              mandy
              0 0
              mandy

1 posts

Hi, I used the link above for old Mac 10.6.8, it is probably me doing something wrong, but I can't get it to set to a UK server, please help

This discussion has been closed.